I saw a recent blog post about runners’ pet peeves. The ones mentioned mostly dealt with runners following too close to another runner, run/walkers who repeatedly pass the same person then walk and dogs not under control.
I can relate — those are annoying! But walkers have other issues and here are a few of mine:
- Run/walkers who register for races as walkers. (I’m sorry, even if you run a little bit, you are a runner.)
- People who come to a water stop and literally stop. Seriously, water “stop” does not mean you have to stop. Move off to the side and keep moving!
- Runners who run into walkers who are off to the side of the road.
- Walkers who use the reasoning “I paid the same amount as a runner” as an excuse to be inconsiderate to other athletes. They usually start way up front with the elite runners then walk several across blocking faster athletes from passing.
- Walkers who sign up for a race knowing they cannot finish in the time allowed. (They give all of us a bad name.)
So, what are your walking pet peeves? (117)