Though my resolutions did not make it to this blog, I’m going to use this venue to let you know how successful I was:
• Lose that pesky 10 lbs I’ve been fighting for a while.
Yes I did! I actually lost 12 lbs, though I’m working on losing the 2 I gained back over the holidays. I was told by losing that small amount of weight, I had a good chance at being faster. I am getting faster, so maybe there is something to it.
• Purge clothes I don’t wear and get rid of stuff I don’t need. Buy clothes that fit. Did this one, too, though there are a few more things in my drawers I could probably still throw away. The biggest thing was getting rid of the stuff that was too big so I won’t be tempted to gain the weight back again. It was also key to buy clothes that fit. I had been walking around too long with safety pins holding my pants up. Had a good shopping spree at the end of the year!
• Have my hair professionally colored all year long to avoid the orange brassy color I am known for. Do it more often to avoid the skunk look. Yes! I had only one month where I went too long.
• Stop procrastinating – like waiting until January 3 to write a list of resolutions.
I’m still working on this, but I am getting better (though I have not written this year’s resolutions yet).
• Follow through with all of the physicals and medical checkups I should be doing every year.
Partially successful. I found a new doctor and went. I have an appointment for a physical early this year. I still have two regular health tests to schedule, but I had to wait until after the first of the year.
• Take out the trash. (I don’t know why, but I can let a trash can overflow for days!) Again, I’m getting better and no longer require a reward when I do take out the trash.
• Try to spend a few minutes in silence every day.
Absolutely not! Now that I have a new iPod, not likely to happen.
• Be more patient, less judgmental and say fewer negative things. Be friendlier.
Though doing better, there is always room for improvement.
• Have more fun. Play with my dogs more often.
• Be more generous with my time and money.
Yes, but I still need more work when it comes to giving time. Luckily, we have friends who need to recruit volunteers, and we always jump to help them.
• Sleep more. Eat better. Exercise more.
Did not do so well with sleep, but I am eating better (which is why I lost weight) and I have been exercising regularly.
• Read for fun.
I read several books!
• Have a good beer once in a while.
Yep! I still drink cheap beer, but I will splurge on a good one a little more often.
• Plant daffodils.
It was the last day in December when the soil was still thawed enough, but I finally did it. This spring I will be so happy I did!
• Reduce stress – especially about turning 50.
Yes, it is getting better. I can even say “I am 50” aloud without cringing!
I’m still working on this year’s resolutions. I hope to post them soon!